Take a look at the list of five famous Scots. Do you know them all? Make sure you do!
1. Sean Connery – most fabulous and famous of all! Scottish actor and producer, best known for portraying the character James Bond in cinema, starring in seven Bond films between 1962 and 1983. In 1988, Connnery won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in ‘The Untouchables’, laureate of Golden Globe, and BAFTA Award.
We all love Sir Sean Connery in his kilt…
2. Ewan McGregor – Scottish actor, singer, and adventurer who has had success in mainstream, indie and art house films. He is perhaps best known for his role as Mark Renton in the 1996 film ‘Trainspotting’, his portrayal of the young Obi-Wan Kenobi in the ‘Star Wars’ prequel trilogy, and his role as the romantic penniless writer Christian in the 2001 film ‘Moulin Rouge’!
3. James McAvoy – Scottish stage and screen actor known for his roles in ‘Atonement’, ‘The Last King of Scotland’,'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe’, ‘Wanted’, Frank Herbert’s ‘Children of Dune’, and the British TV series’ Shameless’ and ‘Early Doors’.
4. Billy Boyd – Scottish actor and musician most widely known for playing the character Peregrin “Pippin” Took in the film adaptations of ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and Barrett Bonden in ‘Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World’.
5. David Coulthard – former Formula One racing driver from Scotland
…and Gerard Butler, Scottish actor, for the request of our readers
[Sean Connery by Alan Light]
No related posts.